Monday, February 21, 2011

Debut and Colleen Selection

Two little shamrocks, Tessa and her co-shamrock
Yesterday, Tessa did her Little Miss Shamrock Debut at the 2011 Arizona Colleen Selection. 

She got all dressed up in her formal gown and was presented to the Irish Community in grand fashion at the Herberger Theater. It was a wonderful night and we are so proud of Tessa. She was more well spoken than most of the Colleen contestants (if I may say so...I am a little biased).

The links below are to YouTube videos of Tessa's performance last night. I can't get them to embed right now, I will try to fix that later.



I love her talent piece; a little dance we put together last summer for her attempt at the National American Miss pageant. She won 3rd place for it out of about a hundred entries. It is really quite the crowd pleaser, and Tessa puts her charm and sparkle to good use!

Tessa's Talent

Tessa in the program

Me and two of my favorite former colleens, Mary (1999) and Erin (2003)
 I got to visit with friends that I see only at Irish Community function like this one. I am really lucky to have been a Colleen myself (in 2004). And I feel like part of a select group of women who grew up in this community together and share a common history. We love having been Colleens. We really do. Its something we looked forward to from the time we were little girls and the memories are cherished forever.

Me in 2004
And I really enjoyed last night's event. It was different from past events. Those events included dinner and people pretty much stuck to their tables. During the two intermissions last night, everyone wandered around and visited with people. We discussed the contestants, who our favorites were and what we thought the judges should look for and who we thought would win. It was really a lot of fun! It was also really nice to be able to see all of the contestants perform their talents on a real stage with real lights and sound. A much better show!
2011 Irish Community Royalty
Tessa and her Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment